David enjoys teaching cello to people who are enthusiastic and highly motivated.
His holistic approach nurtures faultless technique, perfect listening, high emotional responsiveness and rich musical understanding. At the same time he would acknowledge that his first responsibility to the student is to be useful and to do no harm.
While David is enthusiastic about a wide range of musical styles and genres, his main interest is in making and cultivating eloquent singing sounds on the cello.
David currently teaches in Canberra at the Australian National University School of Music.
Accelerated & Intensive Modules
David also offers a series of accelerated and intensive learning modules suitable for:
- Thorough problem diagnosis and correction.
- Generous overview of technical or musical foundations.
- Detailed coaching of repertoire.
- Chamber ensemble coaching.
- Pedagogical support and guidance for evolving teacher colleagues.
The modules are especially good for students living far away from Canberra or Murrumbateman.
David Pereira and Melanie Carter, Grenfell NSW, 2009.